Friday, July 29, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes.

This morning I came downstairs dressed and ready for work.  I sat down with the kids to give them all hugs, cuddles and kisses before I left for the day. 

Noah snuggled up to my side (don't you just love snuggles from kiddos who are all warm and cuddly in their pajamas).  As I was enjoying the cuddling, Noah pulled away, looked at me with a critical eye and said, "Mom, you wear that dress too much."

Lovely. 

You know it is bad when you are seven year old is commenting on how often you wear a particular piece of clothing.  Granted, I have owned this dress for a long time.  *Sigh*  Maybe my wardrobe does need a little refresher. 

Moving along . . .

Next, Eliza comes to give me a hug good-bye as I am standing near the door.  At four years old, Eliza's head comes to just above my waist (do you see where this is headed?).  Eliza hugs me, pulls away, and says, "It feels like there is a baby in your belly." (which I can assure you there is not). 

Wonderful. 

Again, I can admit that after carrying five babies in my womb in a period of seven years, my stomach is not what it used to be.  I will also admit that I should probably work-out more and eat less chocolate.  Nevertheless, not exactly the words that I wanted to hear as I headed out for the day.

It is a good thing that they are both so cute. 

1 comment:

  1. This cracked me up! How did I not know you had a blog? I love it and am adding it to my reader. Thanks for giving me some much-needed 4 am reading material. :)

    ReplyDelete