Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Date Nights, part II

This week was my date night with Noah.  We always call Noah our "sporty kid."  He loves being outside, loves being active, and love, love, loves anything competitive.  This is the kid who asked if he could go outside after we had been at the pool (and the heat) for almost ten hours this past weekend.  While the rest of us collapsed inside, Noah headed out to play basketball.

So, when I first told the kids about our Summer Date Nights, Noah's list of potential activities included all things sporty:  bowling, roller-blading, laser tag, etc.  His front runner was roller-blading and I began looking forward to a night of fun at a local roller-skating rink. 

However, after Davis's date night at the movies last week, all that changed.  Noah had to go see a movie.  At night.  Just like Davis.  And there was no convincing him otherwise.  I don't know if it is the fact that our boys are only two years apart, but there is a constant underlying competitiveness between them.  If Davis did something, Noah had to do it too.

So, off to the movies we went.  The movie for this week:  Cars 2 in 3-D.



I have never been to a 3-D movie before, and quite frankly, I am not sure what all the hype is about.  I used tickets I had purchased through Living Social, so I did not have to pay anything extra for the "3-D experience," so we decided to give it a try.


The movie itself was okay.  Not nearly as great as the first Cars movie, but we still enjoyed it.

More importantly, I had a great time with Noah!  He is such a great kid and is growing up way to fast.  As we were talking during the drive home from the theatre I told Noah how much I love him and how proud I am of him. 

His response, "I know.  But Mom, did you say these same things to Davis last week?" 

See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment