Monday, May 16, 2011

9 Years . . .

It has been 9 years since I last held my baby boy.

9 years since I last kissed him.

9 years since I felt the warmth of his little body.

9 years since the last cuddle.

9 years ago that I told the doctors not to perform any heroic measures.

9 years ago that I sang softly to him as he left this world and entered into the glorious gates of heaven.

9 years ago that my heart shattered into a million pieces and I experienced pain that I did not even know was possible.

1 comment:

  1. Angie, you sly thing. Didn't know you'd started a blog! I've added it to my list of reads. Of course, after a long day I wanted to read your back posts and this one was the most meaningful to me.

    I remember thinking on May 16 that I wish there were something I could say or do to show you that so many of us remember Gabriel and his sweet, too short life. So thankful to know that he'll be awaiting us all in heaven. Can't wait to see all seven of you together there someday! I'll be sure to bring my camera for a family photo op. Do you think God allows cameras in heaven? I say yes.

    ReplyDelete