Monday, March 14, 2011

And so it begins.

Here it is.  A blog.  What am I thinking?

I love reading blogs.  I read all kinds.  Home decor blogs.  Mommy blogs.  Inspirational blogs.  Crafty blogs.  Cooking blogs.  Photography Blogs.  But here is the rub.  I am not crafty, and probably never, ever, ever will be.  My house is not decorated beautifully, although I really wish that it was.  My cooking skills are questionable at best.  I would love to become a skilled photographer, but my camera is stuck on automatic mode.  I guess I could make this a "mommy blog", but I feel like I might want it to be even more than this.  So, what in the world would I blog about, and why would I even bother?

I am not sure.  However, I feel drawn to start one.  Even if I am the only person in the entire world who ever reads it (well, I might tell my Mom about it - - she would probably be a loyal follower).  The funny thing is that I do not even think I am a skilled writer.  Sure, I can write a scathing legal brief with the best of them, but that is an entirely different style of writing.  The legal world requires facts and analysis, with the ever present edge of persuasion.  Blog writing seems to be an entirely different animal.  Requiring creativity, and the use of the right side of the brain.  I wonder if the right side of my brain even works.  Creativity is not my strong suit. 

So, why I am even attempting this?  My life is hectic.  I am a full time attorney and I have four little ones.  It is crazy to even consider adding one more thing to my already over-booked schedule.  However, lately I have been looking for some sort of outlet.  Perhaps this blog will satisfy this need.  Or, perhaps it will enable me to do a better job of keeping track of the little stories and funny details of our families’ lives that I always say I will never forget, but in time, I probably will.  

Anyone want to take any bets on how long I will last? 

No comments:

Post a Comment