Friday, March 9, 2012

I am not going to lie

It has been rough around the Taylor household lately.

Where should I begin?  I could tell you about the crazy cold that hit our household (at least I think it was a cold . . . I really have no idea).  It slowly infected each member of our family one at a time.  Not all at once, which, quite frankly I would have preferred.  Noooo, instead it decided to taunt us by infecting one person with a high fever for days in a row, only to be finally rid of all signs of illness, and them BAM, it claimed its next victim.  Talk about weeks of never ending sickness.

Eliza was the first victim.  After day four of a high fever we took her to the pediatrician where we were told she had a sinus infection.  We were given a prescription, and in a few days she was feeling better and back to her old self.  Next Noah was hit, followed a few days later by Davis.  Thinking that Eliza was free and clear, you can image my surprise when she walked into my bedroom one morning with bright red cheeks and that glazed look in her eyes that a mother immediately identifies as a fever.  Poor girl got sick even though she was antibiotics. 

For a while I thought that Vivian and I were the sole survivors of the Great Sickness of 2012.  Nope.  Not a chance.  The only problem is that I only was mildly sick.  Moms, you know what I am talking about.  Not sick enough to lay around in bed all day and milk the rare opportunity to take a break.  Instead, just sick enough to feel miserable while taking care of the rest of the family at the same time.  Fun times.

Or, I could tell you about our nanny's broken rib.  Yep, you read that one right.  Our poor nanny (who is a rock-star of a soccer player), was hit so hard during a soccer game last weekend that one of her ribs broke!  First and foremost, I felt bad for her.  She couldn't walk.  Couldn't drive.  Couldn't laugh.  And was in a great deal of pain.  Of course that also meant that she could not take care of four children which made for a difficult week.  Keith and I cobbled together a plan, alternating days that we stayed home, and stayed up until late at night trying to stay caught up at work.  Ever try drafting a legal pleading with a two year old around?  No?  Well, lucky you.  I would not recommend it.

Finally, I could tell you about (and I shudder to even type this) the MOLD that we found under our flooring in the kids' bathroom.  Yep, mold.  This OCD neat freak mom has mold in her house.  Apparently there were some cracks in the flooring which allowed moisture to accumulate between the flooring and the subflooring.  So, right now we are down a bathroom and taking estimates for repairing the floor and subfloor.  I am also trying to retain some of my patience as I struggle to share the master bathroom with the five other members of the family.  I think I am going to have to post a shower sign-up board soon.

Things can only get better from here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment