Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Date Nights, part III (the girly edition)

So this week was my date with Eliza.  And being a girl after my own heart, Eliza decided on an evening of shopping and frozen yogurt.  Woot!  That sounds like my kind of evening. :)  I love that my girl likes to do so many of the things I like to do.



So, off to the mall we went.  I was determined to resist all of the stores that I usually gravitate toward and let Eliza have complete control over where we went.  So our trip included shoe shopping, a large amount of time at the Disney store, and a trip to the Apple Store.

First up, shoes.  At the ripe-old age of four, Eliza loves shoe shopping just as much as I do.  Of course she gravitated toward all the sparkly twinkle-toe shoes.  Especially the ones that light up.  I tried to get her to focus on some more practical mary-janes for Kindergarten, but she was not having it.  We ended up reaching a compromise of one pair of white closed-toe sandals, and pair of silver glittery sneakers that has just the right amount of flair for Eliza (also, in case you didn't know, Stride-Rite is currently running its Buy One get one half off sale).

Next up, the Disney store.  Our number one goal was to find a gift for a friend's birthday party, but Eliza's focus quickly changed to looking at items that she wants for her upcoming birthday.  First on her list is a "Tangled" costume.  At the front of the store we saw this costume:



Of course Eliza loved it, but when I looked at the price tag it was $150.00!  For a costume.  That my daughter will wear outside.  Probably in the dirt.  Or she will wear it on playdates.  Or to bed.  No way am I ever going to spend that kind of money on a costume. When I commented to the sales lady about the price she emphasized the embellishments, the stiching, etc.  (Insert eye-roll here). Its still just a kids costume. 

The sales lady then showed me this "Tangled" costume that was priced at a mere $50.00. 



Still over priced if you ask me.  And honestly, it was not all that different than the $100 costume.  But according to Eliza, she "Has to have it!"




After visitiing a few more stores (including the much beloved Apple Store), we headed out for frozen yogurt.




Love this girl.   Love her sweet spirit.  Love her sense of adventure.  Love how girly she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment