Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The wonders of a Mac.

For Christmas this year, our family decided to take the plunge and purchase a new iMac desktop computer. 

As a lifelong PC user, I was hesitant.  For me, the thing that ultimately sold me on this rather pricey purchase was iPhoto.  The idea of finally organizing all of my hundreds thousands of digital images excites this slightly OCD mama more than it probably should.  So, over the past few weeks I have played around with the Mac a bit here and there, but I have not really learned how to use it properly yet.

Not the case for my kiddos.  Apparently kids these days already have a built-in knowledge of how to use all things Mac related.

Keith and I had a date night scheduled on Sunday.  We also had one kiddo at a "spy-birthday party" a baseball team meeting, and a handful of neighborhood kids at our house that day.  As I raced home after picking up one kid from the spy party to get home before the babysitter arrived, Davis asked me if he could try out iMovie on the Mac that night.    "Sure, no problem," I replied.

The next morning, the boys were up uncharacteristically early.  They wanted to show us the movie trailer that they created the night before.  Not expecting much, I filled my coffee cup to the top and sleepily walked to the computer.  I could not believe what I saw - - video clips, music, and text all in a complete and fun to watch format.  In fact, I could not stop laughing when I watched it. 




The wonders of a Mac. 
Watching this movie trailer alone made the purchase worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. So funny! I'm glad the party inspired such creativity! Someday when you want to learn about iphoto, let me know and we'll get together. Although, knowing you, you've probably already figured it out.

    ReplyDelete